Upgrades in Robe Colorspot 250AT?

Bad_Rock

Another post on Robe's colorspots but this time just to know a rumour that now they are a bit more expensive but they have an LCD display just like the 1200 series. Is that true? Sorry for the next question wich might be old but do the 250AT series from Robe make competition to the Martins Krypton and 250wash? Or they are lower in quality? speed optics etc?

Thanks for your help- it can save me $$$ on my next investment.

Another post on Robe's colorspots but this time just to know a rumour that now they are a bit more expensive but they have an LCD display just like the 1200 series. Is that true? Sorry for the next question wich might be old but do the 250AT series from Robe make competition to the Martins Krypton and 250wash? Or they are lower in quality? speed optics etc?

I think there is an option on quite a few of the Robe units to go for the cheaper display or the LCD (1200 series) displays. There are some other upgrades like electronic ballast etc. I imagine there is still this option on the 250 spots

they are more expensive now because thomann a few years ago where selling them alot cheaper than other dealers. some dealers couldn't even get them at the prices thomann were selling them at. and there was war over it so now there's a min selling price. price difference between the mac250k and the robe 250at now isn't much. I have 10 robe 250at spots and I've no problems with them the lcd display is alot better than the xt series. I think the robes are just as good as the macs and more reliable.

I've got some Robe ColorWash 250ATs, the display is just a standard numeric one - didn't realise that the full LCD one was an option? They are (a lot)brighter than Mac250 washes / Mac 300s so I'd imagine that the ColorSpot 250ATs are also brighter...

Archived