Thon flightcases?

cedd

What I meant is what Simon said. You seem to have read it as the other way round Cedd.

Some of the smaller desks I have here, are fitted (at the factory) with rubber feet on the back so that they will stand up on their back with all sockets protected.

That really does show how slow I'm being this morning. "Engage brain before opening mouth" comes to mind. Tying myself in knots here with this one. Upon looking at the case it would indeed be the right way up when the desk is connectors down. This does, now I think about it, worry me slightly as the most protruding part of the mixer is the secondary DC supply connector. Methinks a bit of bodging with some extra foam and a few cutouts are in order here.

Wheelboard is next on the list once I've sorted this foam issue. Only problem is, the local DIY store only stock casters in multiples of 3, i.e. they only ever have 3 in stock and re-order when one is bought. Great until (like on most projects you'd think) you need 4 of the things!

C

............the local DIY store only stock casters in multiples of 3, i.e. they only ever have 3 in stock and re-order when one is bought. Great until (like on most projects you'd think) you need 4 of the things!

:D

That has to be one of the most stupid things I've heard in a long time!

There are plenty of tinternet places were you can get 4, probably for less than your DIY store's 3.

There are lots of things that come in 3's where in most situations you'd require 4. this is to get you to buy 6, nothing else. Christmas decorations is a good example though a little OT.

I've found a way of getting round that though. Don't buy Christmas Decorations.

Only problem is, the local DIY store only stock casters in multiples of 3, i.e. they only ever have 3 in stock and re-order when one is bought. Great until (like on most projects you'd think) you need 4 of the things!

Search on ebay for them. There's a company that sells on there (atlas handling?) That does them for very reasonable prices. From memory a set of 4 100mm ones was about 17 quid for the top quality ones.

Wheelboard is next on the list once I've sorted this foam issue. Only problem is, the local DIY store only stock casters in multiples of 3, i.e. they only ever have 3 in stock and re-order when one is bought. Great until (like on most projects you'd think) you need 4 of the things!

I notice from a recent CPC flyer that they are selling 450mm square boards with casters that will take up to 300kg for £9.62 plus VAT.

Cheers

James.

• 1 month later...

Archived