Strand lbx Desk

CARWYN

The Cue Sheet on GSX/LBX is a quite limited in what it can access. The manual suggests that to achieve chases, do it using link, loop and wait. To get out of the loop, it's usual to simply enter the next 'proper' cue number and then hit go. Some people use a block of out of the way cue numbers for the chase steps. The FX section was handy for things like fire flckers or other pre-programmed features, but I don't think the facility was intended to be integrated with the cue list, unlike the desks that followed.

• 1 year later...

The was I did it last, because I could not find a way to link them into the cue, was to make a macro to trigger the chase and put it on a sub master so I just have to fade the sub up to start it. I did it again on another sub to remove them.

It was clumsy and if you hit the sub by accident it could trigger the chase (not so good) but it was the best way I could figure to do it my first day on the board..

The was I did it last, because I could not find a way to link them into the cue, was to make a macro to trigger the chase and put it on a sub master so I just have to fade the sub up to start it. I did it again on another sub to remove them.

It was clumsy and if you hit the sub by accident it could trigger the chase (not so good) but it was the best way I could figure to do it my first day on the board..

I'm not sure how that is any easier than simply having it loaded on an effects playback and hitting the FX Go/Stop to start it and again to stop it? I usually just tell the student operators they have to hit both Go buttons at the same time for specific cues (and to mark it in their scripts!). They don't seem to have trouble with that. Yes, we're still using a GSX...

I don't think I ever found the gsx/lbx basic fx system much use at all. I'm very anti preset speed chases anyway, which perhaps colours my judgement, but it's a feature that in the basic form without the cleverer bits, was pretty useless.

Archived