Canned Smoke

T*ny

I'm looking at the CS canister required for "Feelgood" and am wondering whether a Magican smoke canister will do the job before the offstage smoke machine kicks in. Has anyone used these or do you get more of a haze than smoke?

Alternatively has anyone done the show and if so what did you use? Thanks in advance . . .

They're not bad, although the difference between it and the offstage smoke machine will be obvious, and anyone or anything that stands to close to the spray will be instantly covered in a thick layer of grease...

hunt around for aerosols filled with saline (typically used by contact lense wearers) you can get them in all different physical sizes and by putting an appropriate nozel on to either shoot a jet or make a spray cloud. It'll give you the effect you need and is suitably inert and sterile to be safe.

t

hunt around for aerosols filled with saline (typically used by contact lense wearers) you can get them in all different physical sizes and by putting an appropriate nozel on to either shoot a jet or make a spray cloud. It'll give you the effect you need and is suitably inert and sterile to be safe.

t

does anyone have a suggestion where to get these as I would like to use one that produces a long jet (for the apperance of the genie in a production of aladdin)?

it's a jet of liquid we're talking about - not of smoke/mist.

...and as my posting points out they're used by contact lense wearers so anyone that wears contact lenses or any place that sells them or supplies will sell them.

For a jet of smoke / steam for a genie production you're looking at a Cryo-Jet system (google it, there's many different makes/models) but it's pricy.

Archived