Help with New lighting desk

smalljoshua

As the title says I am looking for a new lighting desk, it will be to replace a Sirius 24/48 which after years of use by teachers and students has literally gone up in flames(on an presentation eve none the less). I am looking at a Fat frog but am open to all sugestions at the moment. If it comes down to two or three desks I will probably get a demo for each.

This is what the desk needs to control

• 24 Ch Generics (4 Tempus 5a) :huh:
  • 6x Chroma Q scrollers
  • 3x MAC250 Entour

Thanks in advance

Josh

Tempus 5a
I assume you've got a demux running them? Or was the Sirius running some sort of DMX & analogue affair..

If its the second point, then purchasing any sort of ML (or anything remotely new at all) without also purchasing a demux will equal no dimmers :huh:

In regards to what other desks, I'm sure your intelligent enough to use the search and some common sense to find all the millions of thread covering this much talked about topic (what desk for schools).

HTH,

Tom

Another Question is: How would you control the scrollers? via a generic channel or via fixtures.

via fixtures all ways or each time you put the master fader back to 0 all the srollers will scroll all the way back to the beginning.

Aaron

I have rulled out the JesterML24 already as it will have to also run in two preset mode for less advanced users.

The JesterML24 can run in 2 preset mode to do exactly this.

Another Question is: How would you control the scrollers? via a generic channel or via fixtures.

Depends on the desk.

Contact me ifyou need more information on any Zero 88 product.

One thing I have found when using Moving Heads/Mirrors with a desk in the Frog range is that positioning is very hard on-the-fly. I used 6 MAC250's last night, and, apart from the odd tilt-so-shining-on-the-punters jobby, I had to use 24 position submasters for this, and then busk the colours, satrobes, gobos etc. However, if you're mainly using for theatre performances, then it's a good desk, although, as others have said, it may be a bit big for your needs.

Archived