canned serial strings

back_ache

I would like to send some ready-made serial strings to our projector during a show.

on, off, perhaps even a string of strings to make it fade to black

has anyone come across some freeware that good for this simple job?

Which projector?

unfortunatly it's not a barco!

I'm not sure which make and model it will be.

I am hoping there will be a freeware program I can configure with the right strings as I do not enjoy programming! (I preffered lego to mechano!)

I was also hunting for some free software to do exactly this but eventually gave up and wrote my own. You will need to specify which projector you are using as different projectors require different strings.

If you happen to be using either Sanyo or Proxima then I am happy to send you my software. It does allot of the basic functions and can easily be adapted to do more. The main thing I wanted from it was to shutdown the projectors when the computer is turned off. We where getting lots of problems with the projectors being left on.

At the basic level there is always hyper-terminal :-)

I was also hunting for some free software to do exactly this but eventually gave up and wrote my own. You will need to specify which projector you are using as different projectors require different strings.

<snip>

At the basic level there is always hyper-terminal :-)

Joking aside, you raise a good point, in theory I could put the strings in text files and just use the command line to copy them to the COM port. Come to thing of it, the sound cue software might be able to do it...hmm, time for some experimentation methinks...

I would like to send some ready-made serial strings to our projector during a show.

on, off, perhaps even a string of strings to make it fade to black

has anyone come across some freeware that good for this simple job?

My MultiPlay freeware cue player can also output serial strings.

Archived