Lighting Boards

Jake G

I am wondering what the best board would be for controlling up to 24-30 fixtures. The board would only be used for controlling fixtures. The fixtures range from 9 channel fixtures to 23 channel fixtures. And hopefully within a price range of $1,000-$2,000.

Thanks,

J. Gibson

Not sure on prices but you might get an ETC Smartfade ML and Zero88 Jester ML new, or you might be able to pickup a pearl or similar second hand for a little more money.

Might also be worth looking into a USB DMX option, as that budget is quite tight for what you want.

Zero 88 products are distributed in the USA by ACT Lighting who have offices in LA, NY and FL. Contact Bob Gordon at ACT for pricing on the JesterML.

The ML can control upto 30 fixtures, patched upto the single universe output (ie 512 channels, divided as required into 30 fixtures... if you're using 23 channel fixtures, you'll only get 22 of them into the universe :))

We'll be at LDI next month in Miami if you can make it, and would be happy to take you through the ML.

Yes, I do have a laptop. I have an IBM ThinkPad R50P and I use the ShowExpress software with the X-Factor interface (any opinions on this setup?). But I would like to switch to a board, that Zero88 JesterML looks pefect.
Zero 88 products are distributed in the USA by ACT Lighting who have offices in LA, NY and FL. Contact Bob Gordon at ACT for pricing on the JesterML.The ML can control upto 30 fixtures, patched upto the single universe output (ie 512 channels, divided as required into 30 fixtures... if you're using 23 channel fixtures, you'll only get 22 of them into the universe :))We'll be at LDI next month in Miami if you can make it, and would be happy to take you through the ML.
Thanks for the info, the JesterML seems like exactly what I was looking for. I WISH I could make down to Miami. Do you guys do anything in Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, or Maryland?Thanks again, Jake

The ETC SmartFade ML offers 24 intelligent fixtures and 48 dimmers, split over two universes of DMX.

You'll have a few dealers nearby who can show you the console, and see what you think!

Archived