2 screens no room

Sam Whitehead

At the risk of being shot down in flames, there are quite a few projectors installed in my work place that are supported from the suspended ceiling grid. We're talking classroom type projectors though, which weigh little more than the light fittings that surround them. They were installed by reputable companies and nobody here, including those in charge of H&S has had a problem with them.
Are you sure that these have been installed in the manner that the OP is suggesting? I somehow doubt that.

He is suggesting (as I see it) that he simply replaces a ceiling tile with on made of MDF and bolts the projector to that.

I would suspect that any installed in schools are likely to have suspension fittings bolted to the real ceiling rather than just relying on the 'where it touches' gravity option...

dear oh dear....How much public liability do these folks have..** laughs out loud **

most install situations would have a long unicol fixing going through the suspended ceiling and bolted to the concrete/structure above or safely rigged by someone qualified to do it. In my case, usually from truss, in a frame and safetied..with rigging inspected by a qualified rigger before being flown...I'm currently sat next to 2 flown Barco Elm R18s...Don't take risks..do the job properly.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived