The Brits

Blame Jono

I just thought that as it was a fairly major event with about 100 birdies as footlights, 400 parcans for some silly Busted song and more macs than I thought it would have been possible for Martin to produce in the last 20 years, that it was worth a mention.

A few questions;

Where the hell do you get the power from for a chase with about 100 parcans and 100 macs on at the same time?

Really any need for quite that many movers?

Was it just me who thought the hand held radio mic was a really stupid idea? As just about everyone who collected their award threw the mic on to the table.

Would Cat Dealy have really wound you up if she'd said thanks tot he technical department when the mucked up on a phonecall? ALthough maybe she was saying thanks in a genuine way, but I couldn't tell so how could anybody else?

Oh and finally, wern't The Darkness good, or should I say god.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do you get that sorta power? Earls Court2.... probably one of the reasons PLASA is held there too. Perhaps someone could tell us exactly what sort of incommers there are, but I would imagine it to be two or three 300A 3/phase supplies at least.

After watching the brits this year I wasnt overly impressed, the wall of pars was interesting but thats about it.

I was waiting for something spectacular to finish the show, with the darkness.

But it never happened, they had the rising podium, but thats as far as spectacular as it got.

Also why the hell, did they cut to the credits, before the darkness had finished we didnt see the fianale, and I thought it was quite rude of the :D

vince

what did everybody else think of the show?

Rite.....I enjoyed it because it was something different to a Tuesday night! Overall it wasnt as good as I thort it would have been!. I was very dissapointed with the opening act from the "black eyed peas" as I thort it was jst dull and something like "muse" would have kicked it off with a great feeling! Outkast and Beyonce were amazing in my eyes!!. Busted were not as good I thort they would have been beacuse they sead to the press that "it is goin to blow you away"......lighting wise it did but singing wise it didnt....sorry lads!! Best band of the night had to be the darkness altho I did think duran duran did very well!!......I enjoyed the pyro's used for 50 cent....the lead up to the song was also very amusing!

If I was to compare it with last year I would say that last years was better by far!! The lasers used last year for coldplay were amazing!! Anyways...these are just my views!

cheers

jon

Reading today that the Brits technical was nothing but problems after problems. apparently the audience were very disappointed that they had to wait a v long time in between each performance while the stage was reset etc. and the call to daniel bedingfield took 10 minutes to sort out! LX was OKish. Yeah I agree the wall of pars was good.

Loved the pyro for 50 cent. Thought Cat Deely coming in on a Champane Bottle was tacky! It was meant to symbolize that Booze is back at the brits (after last years ban).

Rude of Dido not to turn up. She did win 2 awards. She said she was to busy but she was seen shopping that day so I don't quite know what she meant??

All in all and Ok-ish show.

Sam

I didn't see mucgh of the Brits but the bit I did see was, IMHO, quite unimpresive from a lighting point of view. I did only see a small amount so maybe the rest was better.

A few hunderd thousand watts realy isnt much in terms of industrial supply. The theatre I worked in today had a 200KW supply and is by no means the biggest I have worked with.

Just a little bit in the Daily Mail,

Last nights show was recorded two and a half hours before transmission and was beset by techncial difficulties.

The audiance became incresingly fustrated witht he wait between acts as staff tried to get equiptment in place.

There was also a delay as host CAT Deely tried to speak by Sat Link to Daniel Bedingfield.

I was V disappointed to find out that the brits wasn't live!!! I did like the way the host was up in the upper part of the hall looking down at the acts.

Last nights show was recorded two and a half hours before transmission and was beset by techncial difficulties.

The audiance became incresingly fustrated witht he wait between acts as staff tried to get equiptment in place.

Considering the fact that the crew had to get a wall of 400 pars of the stage I wouldn't have felt reason to complain about the wait between acts. I mean try getting Busted to move 400 pars off the stage and put a rising platform on.

Was it just me or did anyone else think that the macs were a little bit over used?

Thought Cat Deely coming in on a Champane Bottle was tacky!

Very tacky.

the lead up to the song was also very amusing!

The searchlights with the movers, yes, but the rubbish in the police station, again very tacky.

Rite.....I enjoyed it because it was something different to a Tuesday night! Overall it wasnt as good as I thort it would have been!. I was very dissapointed with the opening act from the "black eyed peas" as I thort it was jst dull and something like "muse" would have kicked it off with a great feeling! Outkast and Beyonce were amazing in my eyes!!. Busted were not as good I thort they would have been beacuse they sead to the press that "it is goin to blow you away"......lighting wise it did but singing wise it didnt....sorry lads!! Best band of the night had to be the darkness altho I did think duran duran did very well!!......

I agree about the different thing on a Tuesday night. However the Black Eyed Peas are renound for being brilliant live. Thought their performance wasn't up to its usual standard. Muse are the definition of dull, and as for Outkast and Beyonce, I thought a duo was where they did something together not cut from one song straight to the next?! Although Beyonce is just about as fit as it gets so I suppose she is excused. Good music yes, I thought the lighting was good but could have been better, and again I thought the movers were overused. But I have to dissagree on Duran Duran. I thought they were rubbish and the time would ahve been better devoted to The Darkness.

Sound? Handheld mic stupid idea?

And who here hates Busted and thinks the Britts should have been replaced with a concert from The Darkness?

Considering the fact that the crew had to get a wall of 400 pars of the stage I wouldn't have felt reason to complain about the wait between acts. I mean try getting Busted to move 400 pars off the stage and put a rising platform on.

I didn't notice I tthought it was all on the stage from the start and thought the rising platfrom came form under the stage.

Was it just me or did anyone else think that the macs were a little bit over used?

Completly overused. I think it was a waste of money getting that many macs.

Wanabe LD, Will be very interested if you can tell me tomorrow morning a price for EC. Ta

Sam

Archived