Ticker tape overlayed onto plasma monitors

Spenny_sponk

I need help!

I have to 6 plasmas going into a various positions in an exhibition displaying recorded sessions (DVCAM Player) and a looped ppt presentation. The client wants a 'ticker tape' across the bottom of the plasma for live updated news regarding the event.

The plasmas are going to be distributed from an Eventix seamless switcher via mulitiview cat 5 distribution at VGA signal.

What is the best way to integrate the ticker tape into this system? Is there such a product that will accept a caption generator at VGA level?

What is the best way to integrate the ticker tape into this system? Is there such a product that will accept a caption generator at VGA level?

The Eventix switcher will accept a VGA input.

Eventix Seamless Switcher PDF

It's not entirely clear whether the Eventix has keying facilities available. I would suggest a quick email to AnalogWay who manufacture it explaining what you are trying to do.

All the best,

Peter

Everything you need is to generate animated text or whatever you want to show on that ticker tape. Eventix has the keyer, it is called "Title" or "Shadow Title" under Effects section in the menu. The best way to use it is to assign it to the one user preset button (one of the four user buttons to the right on the front panel), just simply press "User1" then choose from the Menu "Title" or "Shadow Title" and adjust the parameters you need. These title effects are working the same way, they are keying out the black sections of the signal on any input you choose, the difference is that "Shadow Tittle" adds a black tape which can be transparent and positioned as you want on the screen.

To conclude, you need this text generated on black background as firsth feed into Eventix (PC recomended), DVCAM as second source and PPT presentation as third. Then, using one of these two functions you can add the text sequences over any of other inputs connected to the switcher.

Hope this will help, if you need detailed instructions for this, feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,

Viktor

ScreenPRO-II

"The ScreenPRO II Seamless Switcher is a multi-layer video display system that combines seamless switching with a variety of flexible video effects."

Its a very versitile unit that allows you to have multiple layers on one screen. Very good unit from Barco.

Hope that this helps

Brendan

The Screen Pro II will certainly do it. There are two Backgrounds on DVI, 8 multiformat inputs on VGA connector and with the HD/SDI unit in our stock a further two HD/SDI inputs. The SPII will quite happily take a VGA feed and allow you to either key it over any of the other inputs, or use background B as a DVI input and key that over the video. You could also use the VGA feed and insert it as a PIP full width over the image. Outputs a multitude of rates on a two VGA and a DVI input, along with a 'forward looking' preview. One or two people who have A/B'd the SPII against the Eventix units have gone on to purchase the Barco on the strength of the scaling and quality of the image.

Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to know more.

Hi,

We use Tricaster pro and tricaster studio nowadays in alot of situations, but have previously (on low budget or last minute situations) used a video mixer such as an mx50 in line along the main screen feed (or before the video da feed).

Then plug a laptop into that and you can use the wipe function and just wipe in a small amount at the bottom of the screen.

This can then display scrolling text from a pp presentation. And you can also chroma key out certain parts.

I only skimmed the posts so this might be nothing like you want to do, if so ignore me.

The Screen Pro II will certainly do it. There are two Backgrounds on DVI, 8 multiformat inputs on VGA connector and with the HD/SDI unit in our stock a further two HD/SDI inputs. The SPII will quite happily take a VGA feed and allow you to either key it over any of the other inputs, or use background B as a DVI input and key that over the video. You could also use the VGA feed and insert it as a PIP full width over the image. Outputs a multitude of rates on a two VGA and a DVI input, along with a 'forward looking' preview. One or two people who have A/B'd the SPII against the Eventix units have gone on to purchase the Barco on the strength of the scaling and quality of the image.

This will be little out of topic, but just will like to know if there is a difference between SP II and Image Pro units regarding to quality of scaling and processing. Didn't have chance to use the SPII......

Cheers

Are you guys after my Job??? ** laughs out loud ** :)

Indeed the units both use the Athena Chip - however the uses are quite different with different add on capabilities.

I do have a slide which demonstrates the key differences between Encore - Screenpro 2 - Presentation pro 2 - Imagepro. I dont want to give it out online for all and sundry to see but if you are interested then please PM me and I will email it over.

Indeed the units both use the Athena Chip - however the uses are quite different with different add on capabilities.

I do have a slide which demonstrates the key differences between Encore - Screenpro 2 - Presentation pro 2 - Imagepro. I dont want to give it out online for all and sundry to see but if you are interested then please PM me and I will email it over.

Thanks guys for all your help.

We decided to use the Aston Vivid green in the end - but then the client pulled the plug on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Had similar difficulties to do a simple overlay of LOGO and text Ticker onto Live video on a very small budget... Weeks seaching...

Finally a PC with XPPro (supplied installed + much manufacturer based bumph that had to be removed because it got in the way - self install: you learn about what's going on ;-) + pinnacle card + 3 way out Nvidia card (VGA+DVI+Analog TV) after trials and much hunting:

www.deejaysystem.com - simple, clean image, economic €149 with useful half hour test periods until you pay ! Works. Play list, fades/rolls...

www.resolume.com more expensive and more for live shows with lots of FX. €290+/- but also allows for more live video inputs:3 from different types of capturing devices (from the forum it has difficulty with multiples on one card): but could be useful for live mixing and dynamic work. However, I found that the PC I was using it on suffered from "combing" of the live images and some other artifacts which would not be compatible with the quality I wanted, maybe not on other setups...

Whatever you try to do its not likely to cost less than the €600 I spent! (all legal - there's a challenge :) )

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of things to add to that. I would also look at Visual Jockey instead of Resolume - though Resolume is good I find Visual Jockey is FAR more versatile.

One other thing is if you ever use video projectors through a video matrix in PAL format never use Nvida video cards without a good quality scan convertor. The Nvida cards do not output at PAL50 only PAL60 when routed through a video matrix you can lose at least 50% of the video signal on the video projectors giving a very dark and dull image. It does work ok on tvs or plasmas so you will have no probs with those. ATI do not have these problems but I would suggest on any install of ATI video cards to use the Omega drivers opposed to the ATI Catalyst as they use far less system resources

Archived