microphone cases?

gnomatron

I'm looking for a couple of good quality off-the-shelf microphone cases, to hold approx. 12 SM58s/57s each, plus space for the clips. The search function hasn't turned up anything useful, might just be poor google-fu on my part though.

This from Blue Aran is closest to what we have now, except with precut 58-sized foam, and I'm fed up of binning them annually. Normally I just swap the foam insert into an aluminium tool case as we have loads in our store room, but I'm running out of them finally and want something a bit more hardwearing.

These two from 10outof10 look quite good, does anyone have any experience of using them?

I'm also looking at getting custom cases done before everyone suggests that!

The seccond mic case on this page looks alot similar to the seccond on 10outof10 but is about £70 cheaper

Except that it looks smaller, and much less well built. Going on the pictures, that sort of case I'd be happy to use for a "car boot" PA which I load myself. The 10 outof 10 one I'd use on a tour & "chuck" it in a truck. :** laughs out loud **:

I had a good look at terralec, and their cases mostly looked the same sort of build quality as the ones I'm binning, maybe a little better but not up to the spec I was looking for. To be fair, when I say they're lasting a year that's cases starting with a bit of wear.

The 10outof10 ones look like they're decent touring spec cases (chuck-it-in-a-truck sorta things), but the pic isn't too great. I'll email them tomorrow and see if they have any better ones.

I've got one of these. pretty strong. The 24 mic version I have has twin catches hat appear to be well made, the case has 12 dense foam holes each side of a centre compartment that I use for the mic clips and odds and ends. It it quite heavy, but I can recommend them.

Archived