background from neyo video

enbee

hey

for an event coming up, we are looking for a similar material to the background on neyo's video for 'because of you'.

See http://youtube.com/watch?v=n-FdoZdfpmE

initially, I thought is was some form of egg crate type material perhaps a foam. However looking closely (pause the video on the head to waist shot at 11 seconds) it looks like some kind of woven material but looks like it has quite a bit of depth between materials. I have had a bit of a google and am struggling to find something similar.

Has anyone got any ideas as to

a)what it is

and

b)where I can get it

any help would be massivly appreciatted

cheers

Niall

If you pause at around 36 seconds it gives a somewhat flatter impression. To me it looks more like it is a flat sheet of metal (or metal look-a-like) with checkerboard squares of abrasions/scratches in different directions.

If you are looking for something similar have a look at diamond plate, take a look at Google images for an idea of what it looks like. I realise that it is quite a bit different, but it might serve as a suitable similar if you cant find the specific product.

Archived