behringer pmp3000

grainsbarview

I have bought a pmp3000 to do solo singing...years ago when I used to do it I used a seperate amp and mxer

could someone in plain english tell me how to use the blooming thing please not like the manual

I am using a cordless mike in channel 1 and laptop in cd/tape input

now what I cant work out is how to get the echo on when singin and stop when talkin

and also all the other buttons and switches like the phantom etc

if someone could please say it in easier for

thanks

Well, having had a brief glance at the manual, there is a socket at the top right (as you face the mixer) marked 'Foot Sw'. If you plug a foot-switch in here, it will enable/disable the effects.

Phantom Power is a method of supplying power to microphones up their signal cable. If you are using a radio mic receiver and a laptop output, you will not need this, so turn it off.

By playing around with things you don't understand you can often make things much worse, anything you don't need to use, don't use it. Have a good look around here and on the blueroom wiki for information on the other parts of a mixing console.

There is a footswitch socket for you to bypass the fx by footswitch, this would be the easiest way. Alternatively find the FX1/2 IN switch which activates / deactivates the fx.

You would probably be better off inputting your laptop into a normal stereo channel on the desk. this gives you much more flexibility. You may or may not need specific leads to do this but you can make these yourself or get someone else to do this for you if you cannot find the right leads in shops.

Rob

Edit : beaten to it, that'll teach me for not having my oven in this room!

could someone in plain english tell me how to use the blooming thing please not like the manual

Did the fella in the shop not show you? Shocking! ;-)

I bought all the gear from a so called friend who works in the industry and was supposed to be helping me set it up but hasnt done :rolleyes:

Archived