Something about REmote Control

kuming

I can't think of anything cheap, but if you have a decent budget and a DMX lighting/control desk, there are a number of options such as the Avolites eDMX based on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

You'd then need a DMX relay pack, and there are plenty of those available.

I've never used wireless DMX and never would if there was any option (I'm always afraid of interference bearing in mind the number of other devices in the 2.4GHz band), but I've heard good things from several people about the Avolites model.

Alex

Ok, since no-ones piped up, howzabout going to RS, assembling a 505-6553, and a 451-0517. You'll need a three terminal regulator to get 5V for the receiver. Add an emitter follower (have a look at this PDF, first diagram) and a relay, and I think you're done.

It is, of course, up to you to determine if this will (a) work, and (b) be safe for your intended application, given which forum this is in...

Ok, since no-ones piped up, howzabout going to RS, assembling a 505-6553, and a 451-0517. You'll need a three terminal regulator to get 5V for the receiver. Add an emitter follower (have a look at this PDF, first diagram) and a relay, and I think you're done.

It is, of course, up to you to determine if this will (a) work, and (b) be safe for your intended application, given which forum this is in...

Interesting solution, but would require a good knowledge of electrical/electronic engineering to get it working safely. Also, the OP is in Hong Kong - I suspect RS might charge a bit much to deliver over there :wacko:

Edit:

...be safe for your intended application, given which forum this is in...

Sorry, you did mention that... my bad!

The RS mentioned above refers to RS Components Ltd who have a store in Hong Kong

RS Components Ltd

13/F Wyler Centre

Phase2, Unit 1,

No.200 Tai Lin Pai Road

Kwai Chung

NT Hong Kong

www.rshongkong.com

The RS mentioned above refers to RS Components Ltd who have a store in Hong Kong

Hell, we have RS here in New Zealand, even though they only have about 1% of the catalog in stock, the rest arrives from Australia. We've got a Farnell, too...

RS - The new McDonalds?

When's Beesley going to get CPC over here?

Archived