Broken dimmer packs no longer wanted

Ben

Hey all

im a student at CSSD and have not had much chance to dismantle and repare (or at least attempt to repare) dimmer packs, for some reason they are a bit dodgy about letting us take apart their stock, basicly I wondered if there are any dimmerpacks of any age in any condition that anyone has lying around that they have not gotten round to throwing out yet that they would be willing to part with prefably for free but I may be willing to pay a small amount.

Im in Edgware and would be willing to pick up from most places in or around London, if there are enought I know that the oither 3 students in the first year Production LX with me would probably welcome the chance to do some diognostic and repair (possibly) work on them and would love the chance to take them apart and see how they work.

and before I am told to look in books to see how they work, I have and have a good idea of the workings of dimmers but there is no book that is as good as taking one apart and putting it back together.

Hope somone can help

Ben

I could probably dig you out some old JTM/STM firing cards. These are the end of a dimmer that's likely to go wrong and need some diagnostics. Send me an email.

A useful thing to know is what waveform to expect when you poke the scope at various points of the circuit, in order to work out which component has gone. I spent yesterday helping fix our houselights dimmer trigger card - in the end narrowed it down to a dead resistor. Took a while to trace the circuit (no circuit diagram available!), but as we knew what we should be getting at different points we could pinpoint the problem.

Archived