Brooke Products

Unknown Enemy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are they?

Can't say I've ever heard of them and their website leaves alot to be desired. I mean if they are serious about being in business, at least get your website working properly and get your contact info out there, not just an email. They don't even say if they are UK/ USA or China based.

Do you have any further details as you say you are considering using the stuff. Have they put you in touch with a dealer/ distributor for a demo?

I have done some reaserch into them. I tryed to email the company but havent had anything back yet but I also emailed an online shop who sell them. they didnt say anything weather they were good but just how many watts they are, but you can download the pdf file on there specs which I did (from brooke-products). I need to buy a sub first so I downloaded the pdf

its a 15", 700 watts sub at 8 ohm and its only 98db. not much at all but to be honest they do look like really strong touring speakers, but thats got nothing to do with it. at first I thought they were made by EV because if the foam grill and all that.

but the price of this sub is only £280. that does seem a bit cheap tbh.

Moderation: I've removed the quotes - they aren't required and waste space

The pictures look nice, the specs are bland. Look at the 2 x 15" box - 1400W handling suggests bi-amping would be probably a good idea, but it seems to have a permanent wired crossover, with no bi-amp option, which is a little unusual.

As far as I can see, they seem to be making little effort to promote the brand, which we've not heard of, and Brooke don't seem to have a proper web presence or any comments good or bad. I suspect they are either a re-badged OEM product and the same things are available with other brands on, or they are from a small company who probably build to order. Neither is an issue, and if they are cheap and sound good - who cares?

Which is the dealer who sells them = maube someone knows them well enough to enquire?

From their site:

uncompromising quality of build and amazing design is what Brooke is renowned for

Not entirely sure how you can be renowned if nobody has heard of you...

And their 15" sub goes up to 150kHz - not bad :)

If their only outlet is through a DJ shop, I'm not holding out too much hope. Still interested to hear if anyone tried them though.

Brooke are distributed in the UK by a company called Impact. They are a trade distributor based in Northampton and apparantly (according to one of the companies staff), the Brooke range of products is built and specced by them. You shouldnt be able to see the products in the UK rebadged.

Their a very good range of products for the £, and are becoming a new set of speaker cabinets that will take over the bottom to mid range of the DJ & PA market.

thanks for the imfomation there Adam. as I wont be able to hear them first I might just buy one and see what happens.

now all I have to do it find an amp thats either 800 watts 8 ohm bridged or per channel. any ideas anyone?????

I have chosen 800 watt amp so I dont have to drive the amp to the limit to get the full 700 watts from the sub

Brooke (c/o Impact Sounds) are a new company and have former staff from Leisuretec and Overt working for them amongst others! They are aiming at the mid to high class product sector so I wouldnt think you could class them as cheap and cheerful as they dont want to go down this route!!

I definitely wouldn't buy speakers without hearing them - just the same as I wouldn't buy lanterns without seeing what they could do.

thats the point of this thread. I need to upgrade but I dont fancy buying big names like EV, Mackie, JBL ect. They are good speakers but I dont have that kind of money right now.

Archived