Space cannon slow to start lamp

ceecrb1

needing some help with ideas.got a space cannon Ireos 4 here, which is taking 3-4 mins to fire up the lamp.there is audible sound of the ignitor. so I know at least one of the 2 is working, but its not exactly something I can use a multimeter to test!6 ballasts, in serial, which must be working as they are causing the ignitors to fire.brand new lamp just fitted (with a lot of care and new underpants needed!!)

Sorry I'm talking rubbish... 6 ballasts in parallel..however due to the construction the whole kit is removed and cannot be tested on the workbench.. so I cant even test for output of the ballasts.Sorry I'm talking rubbish... 6 ballasts in parallel..however due to the construction the whole kit is removed and cannot be tested on the workbench.. so I cant even test for output of the ballasts.

IT turns out I didnt need to check it in the dark.........

ok so this is how the boss explained I test the beastie...

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/colinbone/sctest.jpg

note custom umbilacle cable... Just needs a little care when the base is still moving and doing its reset and finding the extreme ends of its range...

ok so as it is in the photo, used the desk to fire up the lamp...

arc of electricity left the ignitor and hit a bolt head holding the wood to the workbench around 30cms away.....

so the 2nd of the two ignitors in serial are broken then!!

later while attempting to remove it (obviously disconnected from supply etc) arced 10cm's to my AJ and gave me a good jolt to the hand. WITH leather gloves on.

refusing to do anymore work to this broken ignitor till we've bought rubber gloves in the morning!!

It's always fun in my workshop!!

edit:typos

Archived