Dynamic headset mic's But Cheap!

cfmjohn

Hi folks

I'm looking for a couple of headsets for a comms system im trying to make. This system wont be able to provide a phantom power voltage to power condenser mics (which all £5 PC headsets seem to be) So im looking for a cheap headset which uses a Dynamic mic that wont need power.

Im based in Scotland near Glasgow so Maplins / Electronics Stores / Cheap PC Shops arent a problem if anyone knows a headset that will work

Thanks in advace

cfmjohn

See my post over in 'stage tech and production management', a cheap PC headset would work fine with that scheme.

What I think went wrong with your original plan was probably massive oscillation as the cable capacitance between the send and return cores (plus the fact the mic and 'phones shared a long ground path) made the whole thing honk at ultrasonic frequencies. Putting the gain in a little box on each users belt will fix this and should give you something altogether more usable (Plus allowing the use of those cheap headsets).

Failing that, stick a 1.5V battery in each users set, it will last ages.

Regards, Dan.

Archived