Dataflash Programming

mikienorth

Hello, after a search threw up five references to dataflash I thought I'd give this a try.

I have never used dataflashes, and have little experience with them, and need to program them into a show soon, on a 500 series, and am asking for a little help.

I have a fixture for them, with three attributes intensity, speed, and one other.

Having played with them a bit they seem a bit difficult to control, and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience or suggested levels for the three parameters of control they have.

I'm looking for lightning, and maybe battle style looks.

If anyone has any programming tips for these, I'd be really grateful, all I seem able to do is get them to go into protect...

Cheers Folks.

Do your experimenting with the grand master set to 20%, and you'll keep them out of thermal protect a lot longer.

For lightning, try setting each head to a different rate to the others; keep all of them slow. Spread the duration and intensities about a little too, and run this state for a second or two. If you get the flash rates into the correct range, then the random collisions between flashes look quite effective.

For battles, try firing one on a single shot, minimum duration and low intensity, waiting half a second, then snap all of them in at full intensity, full rate, full duration, and fade the intensity over 0.75s

Hi

The 3 attributes should be Intensity, Rate and Duration. Try playing with the intensity high and changing the values of the others to get the effect you are after, you should get what you want quite easily.

HTH

Ben

Archived