WYSIWYG Render Options

b1nuzz

Attempting to put together a load of WYSIWYG renders, but I dont seem to be able to get the settings right to create nice prints. They are always blurry or fuzzy no matter what I do.What are the settings that people use to create thier renders..?

See if any of this helps,

I've cut and paste this from a document I keep on my desktop as I can never remember.

Regards Cormac

I would bump the size up to AT LEAST 640 x 480

Settings (I'm going from memory here)

Use the "Full Render" Wizard

Small Aperature

Light Up type

External image, wherever you want and I usually save ass a bmp

Size at least 640x480

I've found using smoke instead of haze gives you a better look

Shadows = Atmospheric

Radiosity was set at best with 1 bounce

I usually will a "test' render with no anti-aliasing to see if it's the angle etc I want, then will do my final render with antialiasing set to best

I always go for the highest image size possible then export to photoshop.

This is a 97kg file reduced from a 6Mb image for the purpose of posting here.

The usually size I use is 2000x2000, and best resolution.

http://www.pauljneed.co.uk/image7.jpg

http://www.pauljneed.co.uk/image8.jpg

http://www.pauljneed.co.uk/BRIXTON%2027.jpg

Hi,

May I ask why you use the size 2000 x 2000 as very few if any computer screens are 2000 x 2000 pix ?

Just wondering as when I looked at the pictures you posted on my laptop (which is widescreen) 1024 and I had to scroll across and down to see the entire image.

I find it easier to sometimes make the image small enough to see on most computer screens without having to scroll.

Just wondering,if you are large format printing I suppose it dosen't make any difference.

Regards C

What render settings (smoke/haze, ambient light, radiosity, anti-aliasing, etc.) did you use for those pics, Paul? The clarity is very nice. And out of curiosity, what's giving the 'halo' of light around the letters in the third one?

Sorry - forgot to post the setting I like to use

Width 2000; Height 2000 ( Just use this then crop to suit in Photoshot)

Ambient light 15%

Haze - to suit ( The Made in warry was set to 70%)

Shadows - Usually Objects or Atmospheric ( depending on choice)

Presenence - BOLD

Radiososity - OFF

Saturation - fairly low setting

Brightness - off or very low

Antialiasing Options - Fast or Best

You need to experiment to get the result you like the look best. If you have background rendering - you can start 3-4 at different settings and go put the kettle on :rolleyes:

Hi,

May I ask why you use the size 2000 x 2000 as very few if any computer screens are 2000 x 2000 pix ?

Just wondering as when I looked at the pictures you posted on my laptop (which is widescreen) 1024 and I had to scroll across and down to see the entire image.

I find it easier to sometimes make the image small enough to see on most computer screens without having to scroll.

Just wondering,if you are large format printing I suppose it dosen't make any difference.

Regards C

Cos the Person who posted the question was asking about printing....... not for viewing on screen. So - maximum size available and best resolution - then crop in photoshop.

Archived