Computer Controlled Expression

stgtech

I don't know about what you are trying to do but I would imagine the expansion is not through infared as this requires the other infared device to be within around 1m and the sensors lined up... Not much good in a venue. More likely USB. But I am merely speculating but I highly doubt infared is used.

Could be barking up the wrong tree, but the RFU for the Expression range is a similar size, and does allow quite a few of the functions of the desk, such as playback and recording. This uses a radio connection.

Other than that all I can think of is the off line editor that allows you to program the desk on a laptop, but to output this to the stage, the plot needs to be transfered to the real desk via a floppy.

Sounds like someone has seen a rehearsal were an RFU was used on the stage to control playback etc. and has there wires crossed...

The Obsession II and Emphasis RRFU system runs on a PDA via WiFi.

The newer consoles don't use this as a PDA is inherently nickable!

- Congo and Eos use a new version of the original Express(ion) RRFU connected via USB.

The Obsession II and Emphasis RRFU system runs on a PDA via WiFi.

The newer consoles don't use this as a PDA is inherently nickable!

- Congo and Eos use a new version of the original Express(ion) RRFU connected via USB.

To clarify, expand on, and differentiate between PDA-Palm and PDA-Microsoft, the Emphasis and OBII consoles use a version of the PDA's running Microsoft Pocket PC, or whatever they currently call it. Special software running about $650 US. Plus the cost of the PDA as well as the WiFi access point.

The Express/ion consoles can use the Radio Remote Focus Unit (RRFU), whose receiver plugs into the RFU port on the back of the console.

The new Eos seemingly uses a new RRFU that incorporates an LCD screen, that is not on the Express/ion RRFU. This is a new device (not sure it's been released yet).

The Congo and Jr. also use an RRFU sans LCD screen.

SB

Archived