Abstract VR8

Guest joewhite903

Guest joewhite903

Am I the only bloke that haves nightmares when it comes to having to work on the abstract VR8's, I'm on my second one and its driving me insane , has anyone else had the same nightmares as me, Joe ;)

Moderation: Moved from Gen Tech Chat to Lighting. I had to Google it but apparently it's a scanner used mainly, apparently, by DJs. Anyone else used one?

Am I the only bloke that haves nightmares when it comes to having to work on the abstract VR8's,

horrible nasty things, hate them

Moderation: I had to Google it but apparently it's a scanner used mainly, apparently, by DJs. Anyone else used one?

yes, used more than one and I'm not a DJ

hi joe I pulled about 8 of them out of a club last year, there only ok to give to a dj for hire that has very little budget and let it do its own show also if your trying to DMX them they are wired backwards like pin2 is positive instead of most lighting now is pin 3 positive. I've 6 of them out the side of the house collecting rain water since january waiting to get a chance to clean them.!! looks like there going straight into the bin

VR 8's. Ahhhhhhh! A great little scanner for clubs - but does anybodyknow of a site for instructions on taking aprt for cleaning etc? I get as far as removing the top section by the mirror, and the sides unscrewed, but thats about it. Is there an easy way to "get inside"?

I've got 4 upstairs, on the floor, in bits and mainly through them falling apart rather than being dismantled - horrible things

they were good in there day for clubs and disco bars. trying to service them is a joke. better just to throw them away.

Great fixtures for quick DJ type events when no time / budget to run a proper show as sound to light show in linked mode is good - abstract produced a couple of good mini controllers to control blackout fast/slow etc which aids this. We have used a few VR8Rs in this mode for a few years on these types of show and they have taken serious abuse and always been fine.

A bit of a pain in DMX mode due to the reversed polarity and have found that they can crash and stop responding to DMX after a while - have tried to avoid use them in this mode.

A pain to try and maintain if they do break - a bought a large job lot with the idea of fixing them and found in the end that it simply wasn't worth it.

Archived