Colour changing LED ropelight?

gnomatron

hi all,

Does such a thing as colour changing LED ropelight (or pealight) exist? Or colour changing non-LED stuff, for that matter. I was sure I'd seen some somewhere but noone local can source it for me.

ta!

I've been lookign at ropelight as an affordable alternative to neon for a show I'm designing for.

You can get rope light which changes colour here,here and here.

Not sure if this is of any use, most seems to be tacky, chasing, chavy, cover you house at christmas with this (from the states) but meh. You asked...

oh dear... I was sure there was something that had continuous colour, like the LED neon stuff, i.e. not visible leds, and colour changing, rather than just flashing 3 different colours. I guess not! Bah! Back to the drawing board, I guess.

oh dear... I was sure there was something that had continuous colour, like the LED neon stuff, i.e. not visible leds, and colour changing, rather than just flashing 3 different colours. I guess not! Bah! Back to the drawing board, I guess.

What look are you going for? Neon tube?

You might want to look at some of the stuff from Chamaeleon Technology (www.chamaeleon-tech.com, 01245 325000), they do some very good LED Neon effect fixtures. Alternitively you may want to have a word with the Guys at Light Projects (www.lightprojects.co.uk, 020 7231 5323) about the LED Neon they distribute (speak to Simon about the colour changing version) They're the UK distributor for a product produced in Barcelona by a company called MCI Grupo (www.mundocolor-int.com, +34 93 630 28 00). Hope that helps a little.

Jonny

Archived