Precision Devices subs

rhizocarp

My mate has been trying to sell me some subs for ages...after saying no for a while I asked him for the specs...turns out they're Precision Devices PD1850's in 1 x 18" reflex cabs.

He only had 4 left so I bought them all for £50 each.

I then found out that he also has another 4 cabs but with PD2150's instead.

He wants £75 each for them. They're too big for me to keep so I'm wondering if anybody thinks I could make any money on these if I just stuck them on ebay...I'm not really sure how used drivers go down with buyers.

Cheers

Rich

The problem on ebay isn't the price, it's transport. Big cabs mean collection, or serious transport costs. So sticking them up for £100 each might get people bidding, but removing the postage option, and saying collection only is a downer, bid wise. Maybe if you could deliver within a 100 mile radius at sensible money, that might work.

PD1850s for £50 each?! You got a bargain there on the drivers. If they're in good working order.

Used PD1850s and 2150s with ALWAYS sell on Ebay - I'd scrap the cabs and sell the drivers on their own!!

Paul, people who would bid on speaker cabs expect to come and pick them up. Just like if you bid on a car. It goes without saying really.... If you want to buy live speaker cabs, as in buy them to use them... you'll have a method of transport already else they won't be much use to you!

Good Lord!

A 1850 driver is worth more than £50, and the 2150 much more than £75. Are you sure he's selling the cabs loaded?

If so then buy the lot before he changes his mind! You could sell them and make a profit, or use them and have a really nice bass rig.

Place an ad in the speakerplans forum and wait for the PMs to come in!

Paul, people who would bid on speaker cabs expect to come and pick them up. Just like if you bid on a car. It goes without saying really.... If you want to buy live speaker cabs, as in buy them to use them... you'll have a method of transport already else they won't be much use to you!

yeah I was assuming this too, just wasn't sure how attractive they'd be second-hand. They're definitely the real thing cos I already have the 18's and I saw the 21's when I bought those. I think it all came from a police auction.

cheers

Archived