Touring

ian hatch

Hi all

I've been doing a bit of sound (glorified hobby) for a few small local bands (Southampton) which I really enjoyed, I have now been bitten by the sound industry bug, and would like to progress a bit IE: small tours etc.

Any ideas on how I could get involved in such tours, as my industry knowledge of these things is very limited.

At the moment I'm working full time for the family business, so getting time off would not be a problem for a few weeks at a time.

Any suggestions / opportunities much appreciated.

You tend to only progress, as has undoubtledly been mentioned before, by commiting 100%, having no life for a couple of years, and start by sweeping the floors of a big warehouse if you want to do small tours/big tours.. all the jobs are done by mostly the same people on proper touring circuit... rewards are worth it though

Thanks for the reply

Did you make any progress? and if so,how did you go about it.

Unfortunately due to other work commitments I have not been able to follow up the suggestions made.

But I wish you luck and let us know how you get on.

:D

Hey Ian,

Hope this helps...

Have a look at some of the crewing companies around. Maybe looking in london (if you drive) you have a few here... Showstars, Gallowglass, CrewCo, Stage Miracles, Showforce to name a few. It's a good stepping stone you start general crewing then work your way up!

Good luck with your quest to joining the touring elite ** laughs out loud **.

Joe Killen

Sound, Lighting and Stage Tech

Audio Wavelength :P

Hey Ian,

Hope this helps...

Have a look at some of the crewing companies around. Maybe looking in london (if you drive) you have a few here... Showstars, Gallowglass, CrewCo, Stage Miracles, Showforce to name a few. It's a good stepping stone you start general crewing then work your way up!

Good luck with your quest to joining the touring elite ** laughs out loud **.

Joe Killen

Sound, Lighting and Stage Tech

Audio Wavelength :P

Many thanks for the reply, I will give them a ring.

Don't suppose you know any crewing companies in or around the southampton area?

Archived