usb dmx hub for showcad artist

lee weathers

hey guys

we have martin lightjockey at our club which I absolutley despise!!!

am wanting to put showcad artist in which I have a legit copy of, however we have no usb DMX hub, the showcad ones are a few hundred quid and the martin lightjockey ones are locked to work with that program only!!!

any ideas guys on a nice cheap solution!!!

enttec makes a usb to DMX box (DMX usb pro) that costs about $130. We have been using them for about a year and have never had a problem.

They also make a cheaper one but I wouldn't recommend it. It is available from some websites and directly from the company. I think it even comes with a lite version of lightfactory

• 7 months later...
Just to bring this topic back from the dead, do these usb>DMX boxes actually work with ShowCAD?

To be honest the ShowCAD official dongles can cause the latest software to crash, so I doubt there is much hope of getting third party dongles to work. The bug has probably been fixed now.

The Pathport interface is incredibly stable, however. I know thats not what you want to hear, but that is the most reliable way of running ShowCAD.

Just to bring this topic back from the dead, do these usb>DMX boxes actually work with ShowCAD?

To be honest the ShowCAD official dongles can cause the latest software to crash, so I doubt there is much hope of getting third party dongles to work. The bug has probably been fixed now.

The Pathport interface is incredibly stable, however. I know thats not what you want to hear, but that is the most reliable way of running ShowCAD.

The SUNLIGHT range of usb - dongles work . I know work on a showcad artist system that uses a sunlight DMX dongle .

hope that helps

Matt

the sunlite usb-DMX dongles have always been industry standard with artist and therfore supplied (at a cost) with the artist system...

however showcad have now reverted to using the usb-DMX enttec boxes..

they have just had the product sticker on them replaced with the showcad one and is slightly pricier..

appartantley though it still shows up in the navigator as sunlite usb....

Just had the news from the head honcho's down at ShowCAD, the new version in development is going to support a lot more manufacturers, so you dont need to spend £300 on an official ShowCAD dongle box.

Very nice of them I think!!

Archived