Antari Fazer not receiving dmx

martin stewart

Morning, I have a fault with our Antari Fazer which I can not cure, basically the unit will not work from our bullfrog console when given a DMX address and data cable, the address is correct and everything should work but the unit will not respond to DMX at all, it works manually, I usually have it in a chain of other things and it has worked before, I'm thinking about trying it all by it'self and then at the end of a chain to see if it makes any difference. Any ideas?

Strangly, we have had one of these for a year or two, and I've never been able to get ours to work - until this week. Plugging DMX in, takes control, the usual push to faze display vanishing and DMX ch appearing instead, as is usual. In the past, sending DMX on the indicated channel did nothing at all. We've recently stripped out the old DMX cabling, which had the fazer on the end of a load of scans, some movers and two smoke machines - all which worked fine. Using a 4 way DMX splitter, one output went straight to the fazer, and it simply started working - suggesting to me that either waveform degredation or possibly reflections might have been out of the range the DMX receiver was capable of putting right!

Guest joewhite903

you could possibly make up a very simple DMX booster I've got plans for a powered DMX splitter but you wouldn't have too make two outputs on it - just build it with one that way you shouldn't have any problem as to where on the chain you mount it, you could possibly even mount it inside the fogger depending on how much space is inside it.

Moderation: text speak removed again

• 5 years later...

Archived