Online Resources

Maddison

Hi to all BR users.

I am looking to compile a collection of on-line resources connected to various disciplines of theatre tech. I am after links to anything from a couple of handy hints to exhaustive guides, practical tips tips to entirely theoretical pages on any and all of the following topics:

-Lighting (design and realisation)

-Set (design and realisation)

-Sound (design and mixing)

-Stage Management.

-Costume and makeup (design and realisation)

-Anything else you think I should have included.

Many thanks for your help.

Matt

Or something like this then?

Not really what I'm after either, that being the yellow pages of theatre techs rather than what I asked! Links to theatre theory and tips on putting into practice was what I was after really...

I am sure pleanty of people have a couple of pages liek this bookmarked

Stagelink has hundreds of resources and associations as well as professionals and companies. With the greatest respect it seems rather like you're saying you want to compile a list then asking us to do just that. Remember to check out sites link pages as well and of course google.

Sorry I've not just typed out a long list of links but I really don't see it as being useful, I'd only be compiling a far less thorough version of Stagelink.

Have you looked at the BR FAQ's - these link to topics full of good advice which therein contain many other links to other websites.

An example would be the numerous references to the Soundcraft, Yamaha and Allan&Heath websites for basic audio processing information; uses of VCA's etc.

Archived