Soundweb problem

djmatthill

Hello , This is my first post on this site so excuse me if Iv not done it right !

But I v got a problem with a soundweb unit 9088iis . We have two of these units linked by ethernet rj 45 network cable.

The 9088iis running as a slave unit has stopped communicating with the master 9088iis . None of the sync or network activity lights are lit , but the input clip/signal lights are flashing but we are getting no output from the unit.

Iv tried reseting both units ( dissconnecting both units from mains for couple of minutes) but that dont help.

The master unit is still working perfectly. Any idea what could be causing this problem

Plus another question if the slave unit is faulty and I can get hold of a spare 9088iis unit if I want to load the original settings from the old slave 9088iis on to the spare one can I dump the data from one unit to the other? If so how ?

or do I need the original settings on my laptop (which iv not got) ????

Thanks in advance for your help guys ?

Hi Nat ,

Thanks for your reply I think iv elimiminated a cable fault because iv also tried another rj45 cable that we know works perfectly and still the slave unit refuses to talk to its master , , Im assuming that the RJ 45 cable are standard types and not a crossed network cable ?? any ideas .

Speak to your service people or dealer. I think that combination of LED's is a fault message saying theres something wrong inside the unit - not entirely sure what the fault is but sure a soundweb service bod would be able to give you a diagnosis fairly quickly.

Have a look at the error logs on each unit (I have not done it in a while, but from memory, you can plug the RS-232 cable into each unit in the soundweb network to get it's specific information when there are network problems instead of just using it to control the master). From within the Soundweb software, you should also be able to get the settings from the device to back it up. It has been a few years since I last had to do anything other than change settings on our user panel software, so sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Ok thanks very much for all ur advice and help. As suspected soundweb unit is totally buggered and is on the way to the bss boys for urgent medical attention. I suppose ill av to consult my mortgage advisor to as its not gonna be cheap ?? ;)

Moderation: Looks like your caps lock key was broken, too. I've fixed it for you. B

Flashing Clip Lights indicate a loss of the ROM memory in the unit. This is usually rectified by the connecting of the RS232 cable to the (rear?) of the unit and running the BSS eprom programmer that uploads the ROM information back to the unit. About a five minute job and gratis.

Reread: In addition the only way to transfer settings in soundweb is to transfer it from the original program from either london architect or Soundweb Designer (depending on age)

So if you don't have them then its time to get busy and redesign the program.

Poppadom

Archived