ETC congo offline for MAC power PC

3pens

Hello!

Has anyone else downloded this? It seems to work of but for some reason I can't get my numeric keys to work with it. This is very frustrating! Any ideas?

Just let me know!

Is the "Num Lock" light on?

Yep tried that!

Its a G4 Ibook so the numeric keys are situated on top of lettered keys.

the numerical keys on the top row do not work either!

On most laptops the numeric keypad needs you to hold down a "Fn" key or similar before it will work, even with Num Lock turned on.

To make sure you've got the right arrangement of Num Lock and "Fn" key, open up a text editor and try the numeric keypad until you get numbers rather than letters or arrow key functions.

Also, the numbers across the top of a keyboard aren't used for number entry in Congo Offline - they are the Master Keys for Masters 1 thru 10.

Also, the numbers across the top of a keyboard aren't used for number entry in Congo Offline - they are the Master Keys for Masters 1 thru 10.

Really? I would have thought the keycode mapping would be the same?! I always envisaged numlock was dealt with at a hardware level?

Really? I would have thought the keycode mapping would be the same?! I always envisaged numlock was dealt with at a hardware level?
Nope - keyboards supply scancodes which are unique for every key - the OS and application decide what to do with them.

Even Left and Right "Shift" are different!

Under WinXP you can even reassign scancodes around the keyboard using the Registry - I've seen a few places that like to disable the Caps Lock key!

(You could probably have a lot of very evil fun with that...)

Nope - keyboards supply scancodes which are unique for every key - the OS and application decide what to do with them.

Even Left and Right "Shift" are different!

Under WinXP you can even reassign scancodes around the keyboard using the Registry - I've seen a few places that like to disable the Caps Lock key!

(You could probably have a lot of very evil fun with that...)

Thank you very much Tomo

Any idea how I can edit channel levels using 'a wheel' which keys replicate this function?

Is there an idiots 'how to plot offline on a mac guide' anywhere?

many thanks!

Any idea how I can edit channel levels using 'a wheel' which keys replicate this function?
On a PC, you hold down the Right mouse button and move the mouse up and down.

On a single-button Mac, I don't think you can - sorry.

On a PC, you hold down the Right mouse button and move the mouse up and down.

On a single-button Mac, I don't think you can - sorry.

Holding down control on a mac will simulate a right mouse click (eg, hold down control, click the mouse button, and you'll get a contextual menu). May not work for the Congo OLE, but it's worth a shot.

Archived