DB Technologies Arena series

chrism

Has anyone had any experience of using the DB Technologies Arena range. Thanks

I don't think they've been released yet have they?

I tell you what I am looking forward to is the new digital amp powered RCF ART 525's. 750w, 131db, 18kg!!!

Not sure why they went for a 1.5" HF though?, we'll see. I already use the 325A and they're great :-)

My local supplier has the 8 & 10" but is waiting fore the 12's.

We booted them up the other day and I have to say they were pretty good.

I think the 8's will be stonking for mono fills on corporate stuff across the front of a stage.

I'm wating for the 12's to come in to have a listen - but certainly from what I have heard I think they are great value for money.

Slightly off topic you should hear the DB Techonlogies line array - hired it in twice now once with 6 elements a side and the second time with 4 elements. Both times used the 2 x S20 subs - One word "Superb"

My local supplier has the 8 & 10" but is waiting fore the 12's.

We booted them up the other day and I have to say they were pretty good.

I think the 8's will be stonking for mono fills on corporate stuff across the front of a stage.

I'm wating for the 12's to come in to have a listen - but certainly from what I have heard I think they are great value for money.

Slightly off topic you should hear the DB Techonlogies line array - hired it in twice now once with 6 elements a side and the second time with 4 elements. Both times used the 2 x S20 subs - One word "Superb"

Must admit the line array does look interesting....

I have never been very impressed with any of the db top boxes before. To me the horns have always seemed a bit harsh.

I do actually have a couple of the sub 15's though and the are great for the money. They share the same amp module as the RCF 705, (800w) and have selectable x-over points as well as phase. For <£500 you can't go wrong.

I reguarly run a pair of RCF325a's with a pair of DB Sub15's for smaller gigs and this can easily cope with a 9 piece covers band fully mic'ed up.

Perhaps as they are now part of the same group as RCF the top boxes will come on a bit also.

I've used all of the opera series and for the money I can't grumble. I used 4 opera tops and 2 15" bins last Friday for a Jazz/Swing event and the sounded clear and crisp. I was very impressed.

A company I work for are getting a demo on the fifty line soon, so I'll let you know what I think. So far from what I've read, reports are good.

Who are the UK suppliers for the line array? It does look really very appealing. Such a low weight per cab and some interesting ways of using them as subs and tops as well as in a line formation. Very versatile!

Am I right in thinking each one has its own delay module?

One useful thought with a flown active array is that only one power and signal cable are required rather than the whole host of speaker cables draping down.

Who are the UK suppliers for the line array? It does look really very appealing. Such a low weight per cab and some interesting ways of using them as subs and tops as well as in a line formation. Very versatile!

Am I right in thinking each one has its own delay module?

One useful thought with a flown active array is that only one power and signal cable are required rather than the whole host of speaker cables draping down.

My local supplier is a dealer fro DB Technolgies stuff - Phoenixsoundworks - Northampton tel 01604 466499 - owner is Duncan Marlow nice guy done all the big boys stuff over the years

Archived