Retractable VGA cables

Guest Keith@ACK

Guest Keith@ACK

Ok here is a good one for you.

I am currently qouting for a job which involves my flying a projector and a screen from a roof in a church, the problem I have is gett signal down to it. Wireless is out of the question as it needs to be VGA and for a professional version is just far to expensive.

What I am looking for a is retracable VGA and Mini Jack cable I have found one here Almark but one it is to short, I need about 12meters and two the shipping unreal.

If anybody has any ideas please please let me know.

VGA cable is rather delicate as well as bloody heavy (comparitively speaking when using decent VGA). What about retractable CAT5 and using a set of magentas (or other VGA->Cat5 system).

Another thing to think about - if your install needs 12m VGA to drop from ceiling to bar when fully in, then your run from the ceiling to where ever vision control will most likely exceed that length as well - putting you dangerously near the 100ft recomended length for VGA. If you don't want to go VGA->Cat5, then you probably want to look at using coax (at least from vision control to the ceiling)

does the screen have to come in and out using chain hoists. have you thought about using a standard length of VGA cable attached to chain sliders. these run up and down the motor chain with the cable attached. they gather and payout the cable deoending on the direction of travel.

Archived