Thomann 2x18" subs - TP218/1600, opinnions?

kobe

Anyone tried these? any opinnions?

Thomann 2x18

seem really cheap for a horn 2x18" although they're probably made in china to be so cheap.

are they copies of a specific design,

I've been thinking of investing in 4 or 6 horn loaded 2x18 for outdoor shows, mostly live bands.

Anyone tried these? any opinnions?

Thomann 2x18

seem really cheap for a horn 2x18" although they're probably made in china to be so cheap.

are they copies of a specific design,

I've been thinking of investing in 4 or 6 horn loaded 2x18 for outdoor shows, mostly live bands.

Not sure exactly what type of "horn" it is but judging from the picture they look a bit like the Turbosound / Funktion 1 F218.

They quote a max SPL of 142db as do the Turbo's and they also share the same power rating.

As to what they actually do...I think you're going to have to get a few and do a review for us!

One saving grace, I guess is that the do have a 3year warranty and I believe Thomann are pretty good warranty-wise. (would not like to pay for shipping one of those back to Germany though!)

If they are good for the price, which is unbelievable, I too would be interested although you can pick up the real thing (Turbo TSW218) used for around £750.

Choice is yours but do let us know.

Good luck

Archived