IEM for TV studio

Stutwo

Can anyone point me in the direction of a IEM for use in a TV studio environment? It isn't something I've used before and I seem to be coming up with stage IEM systems.

Thats 'cos you're looking for the wrong thing; television IEM (as used by newsreaders et al) is called IFB, Interrupt Fold Back. Throwing IFB Audio into google gives many relevant hits.

If you are looking for a wireless IFB system, the 2 most common in the US are the Lectrosonics. or for a less costly system, the Telex. In many cases it doesn't really have to be wireless. In thise cases you can save a lot of money with a wired system.

Mac

In the UK RTS used to be a very common supplier for wired IFB, but it seems that RTS and Telex may now be the same organisation...
They are very common in the US as well, but most of their products are aimed at integrating with their other products. I rarely see an RTS IFB without the whole RTS comm system. Telex and RTS have been the same company for a very long time.

Mac

Archived