A levels

Judging from previous responses, it seems that subjects do not matter to admissions tutors, so you would be wise to go for subjects that might actually help you later on.

Your choice at A level could help you to have more time to concentrate on Theatre specific knowledge later.

Physics - optics, mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism all relevant to various technical theatre disciplines.

Electronics - there's a hell of a lot of electronics in the modern theatre - would help you to know the basics.

Mathematics - a good foundation for anything technical - it is the language of physics and electronics.

Design technology - if you find yourself working in a small provincial theatre, you may have to do just about everything (including building maintenance). CDT would give you a good grounding.

I cannot speak about computing - when I did it they taught you how to develop software - good job really because that is what I do for most of my money now.

Archived