Peavey Driver Availability?

ferrisio

Hi all, first post here with a simple question. Peavey UK is out of stock of 4 ohm 15" drivers/replacement basket kits for the HiSys 2XT until August! I could do with getting hold of one pretty quick so wondered if anyone knew anyone holding stock of them at the moment.

Failing that, I could be persuaded to upgrade both drivers, but I would like someone recommending from personal experience, as obviously the cabs are tuned to the Peavey drivers. Whilst they aren't going to win any awards for high-fidelity or sensitivity, with a decent amp and a good EQ they can do the job perfectly satisfactorily IMHO!

Cheers!

Would it be the one I linked to in this post, yesterday?

I was wondering this before I posted I wasn't sure if he was after a Bass driver though. Oh well, thanks for the link in the other thread, will be asking the guy if he is willing to pay tonight.

Would it be the one I linked to in this post, yesterday?

Nope, I'm pretty sure it isn't as that is a bass driver by the look of it. The 2XTs are full-range cabs with the ubiquitous screechy Peavey horns! Will open one up and check the exact part number. It's a Black Widow from memory. It is just that particular driver that is out of stock with Peavey, and I couldnt spy it on the Thomann website.

Yes, knowing which one you're after would help! It could be this one or this one.

I have a sickening feeling you may be right you know, it's just a while since I've replaced any of the drivers in that set of cabs, didn't see the first one when I looked at the Thomann website :oops: I normally keep a list of part numbers on my PC so I can re-order without opening cabinets.

I suppose it would be nice if someone knew somewhere in the UK with them in stock so could we leave this open a little longer? Thanks for the help.

We got hold of a 1508-4 SPS BWX from Rock Factory last week. They were out of stock of new baskets the same as everyone else but were kind enough to take one from a new cab for us. They're quite a bit cheaper than Thomann and seemed like nice guys too. Try them on on www.rockfactory.co.uk.

Archived