video playout software?

nightster

Hi all,

I'm looking for some video playout software to run on my show laptop....I can;t be doing with media player any more!!

There's probably some free software out there that will do what I need, but I have googled for ages and can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rob.

what do you want it to do? just play videos or more?

Just play videos you have things like

Winamp, VLC and others

For more we use easyworship although a church based and aimed software it is just as useful in other applications, as it allows cueing of videos etc.

HTH

I'll second VLC as a great free app but for something more heavy weight I've had very good results with Isadora, we use it a lot with dance companys and it's got some great features. It's going to cost you though.

Here

Hi Guys,

Just had a play with easyworship and have to say I am very impressed.

This does pretty much everything I need, I think.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other similar programs, so that I can compare, before deciding which to buy?

Also, easyworship is approx £200 to buy....any cheaper options?

Thanks loads for your help! My show days are going to be so much easier from now on!

Cheers,

Rob.

Although I have never used it I have heard good things about PCStage and the media plugin. It uses media player, but effectively gives you a different gui.

Thats about as much as I know about it, but others on here know more about it.

Although I have never used it I have heard good things about PCStage and the media plugin. It uses media player, but effectively gives you a different gui.

The MediaSync plugin uses DirectShow, which is the same undelying technology that the MS player (and many others) use.

If you want a video player that you can drive from a cuelist and/or want to trigger things that happen on cue with the media (chich can be audio as well as video), then this solution is right up there.

Thanks. I think that's a bit basic for what I need, but a good tool to have in the armoury anyway!

Any more for any more?

May be helpful if you tell us what you need. All the suggestions so far seem to fulfill your original post.

Archived