Hyde Park Calling Sound

soundguymark

Hiya guys,

I went to this on Saturday night and was very impressed with the sound on both the main stage and stage 3, the Pepsi stage was OK but not great, I was wondering if any of you guys can say what was the main hangs on the main stage and what system they were using in the Pepsi tent. I spoke to the engineer in tent three and said they were using outline, which is a make I had never heard before but I was very impressed with.

Cheers

Mark

Hi There

I'm normally working there however this year I was only passing through with Peter Gabriel who headlined the staurday we were carrying a digidesign venue the PA and the main stage was as follows:

Main L-R: EV X-Line

Left outhang: Turbosound Flashlight (keeps the park lane residents happy)

Right outhang: EV Xline

Infills and Frontfills: EV 1152's

Centre hang and delays: Outline Butterfly

Subs: EV Xsubs

Amplfication:

Ev P3000's Running IRISNET on the XLine

Outline Powersoft amps on all Outline Boxes

The system all controlled via a LAKE Dolby and tablet

Desks:

2 PM5D FOH

2 PM5D Monitors

I imagine that the stage 3 was Outline Butterfly and Outline Subtech 218's and id hazard a guess if the Pepsi tent was the second stage that it was probably Turbo Aspect it has been the past few years ( however im not certain on that one).

All of this including our stuff we were carrying was provided by Brit Row.

Hope thats of vague intrest to you.

Archived