RDM compliant product

DocNo

Hi everybody,

I am very interesting in the new RDM protocol. I was wondering if someone has already heard about RDM compatible fixtures ?

I know ROBE has released 3 moving heads. What about other manufacturers ? Are they planning to follow one of the leader ?

thank you :(

Enttec, Artistic Licence, etc have been making RDM capable controllers for a while if thats the correct term?. Don't know if you've already seen it but there is a whole forum (all be it very under used) dedicated to the RDM protocol and it's implementation here.

Edit:Spelling!

YEs I know for the controlers but I'm looking for receivers and that's pretty hard to find :-)

And I also know the forum but I'm still waiting the webmaster to accept me on the forum :-( It's been a week since I've asked for ....

Hi,

I asked High End Systems last week if the new Shogun fixture which started shipping this week would be RDM compliant and was told no,DMX only.

This fixture at an early glance looks like it is going to be a big hit and if they are not implementing RDM seems unlikely they will change that with this new fixture release.

May be mistaken but I think a lot of the wybron brand is RDM ready.

Regards C

Almost every intelligent fixture released by the major manufacturers in the last few years has been "RDM Ready", in that the RS485 receiver chip can be flicking into transmit mode by the onboard processor.

However, I'm only aware of the new Wybron scrollers and some architectural fixtures that currently implement RDM - at present, I only know of Wybron who are using it for anything other than remote addressing.

I'm told that RDM firmware is 'coming' from most of the major manufacturers over the next couple of years.

Archived