Another can anyone identify this connector?

Thanks Ike, they're website doesn't seem to be much help for actual connector types, also these are carrying 240V, but its another route of enquiry anyway thanks. Jon do you have an RS code for them, it might be they're by the same manufacturer.

Trying to rack down the fairy lights I found them on, I have a feeling they were about £15 from maplins at the time. It was only a year or two ago, will let you know what I find !!

They look very similar some Bulgin connectors I came across some years ago*.

The current version of those is the Buccaneer range. In particular the Mini ones, which aren't quite rated for 230v mains.

I suspect some of the ones that people have seen before are those, but I don't think thats what you have there, so not much help, soz.

Sean

x

* Bizarrely, as the audio tie lines in Trafalgar square between a patch panel in a cupboard in one of the subway entrances and the bases of various lamp posts around the periphery. I went down with a little local audio company from up here, and not knowing what to expect we took a dozen of every connector we could think of to make adaptors on site. Tired and scruffy, I was sitting next to my toolbox making up the adaptors with a teeny tiny vice and a gas soldering iron, when some kind passer-by dropped 50p into my toolbox. Nice in a way, I thought I was a knackered noise boy, turns out I was actually a surreal performance artist. :D

Thanks Sean, some of the Mini Buccaneers seem to be rated at 250v, however everything people have linked to so far seems to have a notch rather than a flat area as the key, which TBH makes more sense from a design point of view, but obviously doesn't resolve my issue. Anyway thanks for the help so far everyone.

Archived