STRAND 300/500 VGA MONITOR CARD

tij5987

Hi Guys,

New to the blue room here.

Own my own Strand 300 series console, amongst others (it isnt my favourite console but works well for some environments, especially theatre). When I purchased it, it came with just the one vga monitor output and I had to hunt high and low to find a VGA card to fit in one of the slots, which gave me the two vga monitor outputs - great!!! The card was one of the vga/lcd cards, but I dont have any of the stupidly expensive strand 300 series lcd screens so obviously the lcd output is redundant to the vga port. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a 'Strand dual vga card' whch was labelled 'suitable for 500 series consoles' which I planned originally to put into one of my 520i's - my other 520i has such a card already and for complex shows it makes a huge difference to have 4 monitors when plotting I find. But then my mind started wandering (which is often dangerous) and im just wandering wether these Strand dual vga cards will fit into a spare slot on a strand 300??? Do the 500 series and the 300 series cards differ? Or are they the same and can fit in either a 300 or a 500???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tom

Archived