Could a Alphapack 2 run 6 500w lanterns?

Tregilibob

Hi, been asked to help with a small junior play, they have 1 Alphapack 2 with stand and 4 500w lanterns.

This is fine, but gives light from one side only. I have another stand and lanterns, but no other portable dimmers (Betapacks are fixed to the wall!!)

Could I run 6 500w fresnels off this, without blowing something up. I could easily run them at 70% all the way through, its a very small hall, and my maths says I can just, but I don't know if the dimming curve would have something to say about that!

Would it be possible or just stupid??

Alpha pack is 3 channels, 6 Amps/Channel - even if it is run off one standard 13Amp outlet 6 500W lanterns will be fine. Have to use what you can in schools! (And you can run them at 100p/c no worries if you wish.)

Best regards

Ian

the only annoyance is having to split each output, but if you have the adaptors, then fine. Each dimmer is fine for two 500W lanterns, paired, and the total is less than a 13A outlet (which I assume is what you will plug the thing into) can provide. There should be no need to worry about dimmer levels - a full up is still inside the load limit.

If I remember correctly Alphapacks also have overload protection, which should prevent you drawing more than the power socket should supply if you should mistakenly plug together more than 1000w per alphapack channel.

Archived