Behringer LC2412 Isolution IM-5S HID

philpxr5

I have a behringer lc2412 which I know is pants but it ran my 12 par cans just fine for the cost

I also have 2 I-solution IM-5S HID moving heads which I use stand alone for discos with their ca-8 controller

so far so good

I then also bought an HQ power 750w DMX strobe from cpc which works fine stand alone but I couldn't get it to work with the lc2412, the cables were all DMX not mic leads, there was a 120ohm terminator at the end of the line & the odd thing was that it could pass thro DMX to mydimmers which worked just fine. so I put it down to buying cheap stuff

I also tried to use the 2412 to control the moving heads. I know its not designed for that but I thought it would show that the 2412 was ok & the strobe was faulty but all it did was set the heads off on a fast colour rainbow with a sequence of gobos which were uncontrolllable, no pan tilt etc & blackout from the desk didn'twork

My next aquisition was an I-colour 4 which again won't work with the 2412 but is just dandy stand alone

My first thought was that the 2412 was faulty but it still works fine with my dimmers (showtec) & a brace of abstract twister 4's

each unit passes through a DMX signal to the working units

the moving heads & strobe do show it as receiving a DMX signal, the I-color doesn't

all the leads are wired as per manuals & yes I can count in binary to set the addressess

any ideas???????????

all the leads are wired as per manuals & yes I can count in binary to set the addressess

I assume that at least some of this gear uses 3 pin XLR connectors as DMX in/outs. Different manufactures seem to rather randomly select which pins out of 2 and 3 are data+ and data-, so the first thing I would try would be a polarity reversal adaptor on the DMX input of the devices that are misbehaving.

Personaly my opinion would be get a new desk, not that I'm saying it will fix your problem, but in my limited experiance the LC1224 was a poor attempt by a reasonable, budget, sound manufacturer to enter the lighting market.

Archived