MKE wiring?

Salvador Avila

[MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE (the problem has been solved)]

Moderation: Can you give us the answer instead, so other people can be helped in future.

Hello all,

I have yet another question to ask the wise people of the Blue Room.

We have a EW 300 G2 transmitter packs that we want to use some MKE 2 with. The problem is the MKEs that we have are wired with a Lemo 3 pin connector and the transmitters have a 3.5 stereo jack input. I have searched every were and can't find any wiring plan for either the transmitter.

Does anyone know what the wiring is or give me any tips?

Another problem is the connectors on the transmitters are "screw in jacks". I've tried looking for them at all the usual places but I can't find them.

Thanks as alway,

I found a solution to the wiring problem. I got frustrated with trying to find the answer so I decided to give it a go.

I got an old and dull MKE2 snipped the Lemo connector off. Inside there was, as you would expect, 2 cores and a shield. I decided to use the red core for the tip or +ve, the blue core for the ring or -ve and the shield was soldered onto the sleeve.

It all worked out ok! :P

I still cant find those screw on 3.5mm jacks tho! :blink:

Ground, audio and bias voltage for the capsule.

Essentially what goes to a capsule in a larger condenser mic. Obviously there is no room in a lapel to fit all the electronics to step down from phantom.

Archived