Mini Macs

SceneMaster

are you saying there are things better than, ROBE, or that there is better than the Mac. and you should look around.

I was only stating the fact that the ROBE XT160 is far better, than the equivilent MAC.

and to get quality professional gear, doest always meen Martin!!

are you saying there are things better than, ROBE, or that there is better than the Mac. and you should look around.

Yes, I am saying there are things better than Robe, and better than Macs. - it just depends on what you are trying to achieve

I was only stating the fact that the ROBE XT160 is far better, than the equivilent MAC.

The robe xt160 is a better unit that the minimac - it was released around two years after the Mini Mac so you would expect there to be improvements on the product it is copied from.

and to get quality professional gear, doest always meen Martin!!

I was NOT saying that the only 'pro' gear is made by martin. I regularly use lamps by Clay Paky, High End, VL and Martin, I also see a fair rotation of other cheaper gear.

General use it makes very little difference what lamp you use, but leave a lamp on an exhibition stand for 3 weeks in the same pan/tilt chase with a slow rotating gobo and that'll sort the pro products from the crap.

tim

Would this imply you have a rather biased opinion of Robe's products

nope I had the choice of, suport from any manufacturer I wanted, but I choise ROBE because I liked there products, better than anyone elses.

General use it makes very little difference what lamp you use, but leave a lamp on an exhibition stand for 3 weeks in the same pan/tilt chase with a slow rotating gobo and that'll sort the pro products from the crap.

hmm I have some ROBE products installed in a shop in sheffield, and they are on constant, 8 hrs a day 5 days a week, on the same gobo, (custom Logo) and no problems so far.

I did have a martin mac 250+ that used to the same, but after a few weeks the gobo wheel started to break up, and then you couldnt focus the image because the edges were to frayed.

my opinion is that ROBE are in the high end buisness when it comes to moving lights they have been around many years under different canvases.

they beat the pants off others in the league, Coemar, Future light, pearl river ect.

also clay paky, products that I have most experence with, and the most problems with.

off course high end, martin, VL ect are still up the top, but manufacturers like ROBE are starting to make, themselves known.

vince

ROBE are in the high end buisness when it comes to moving lights...snip...they beat the pants off others in the league, Coemar, Future light, pearl river ect.

also clay paky, products that I have most experence with, and the most problems with.

off course high end, martin, VL ect are still up the top...

Er.... Whatever!

Pearl River - Future Light - etc... Are a completely different market to Clay Paky, High End, Martin, VL etc...

Which types of Clay Paky Products are we talking about that you have the most problems with? and what are you comparing them too?

How do you mean your band are supported by Robe? Sponsored? or that you only use their kit?

Guest lightnix

Having had a poke around inside a couple of Paul Need's ROBEs (fnarr fnarr), I have to say that I'm impressed by the overall build quality of the units. As someone who has suffered the slings and arrows of VL Series 100, 200 & 300, MACs of all flavours and various other examples of "wiggly sh :blink: t", I think I know a well-built, well thought-out and laid-out unit when I see one, particularly having seen them in action at trade shows and heard all manner of good reports about them (I know Paul is very pleased with his and has had little or no trouble with them so far).

I would say that ROBE offer the best value for money anywhere right now. Forget MiniMACs for any sort of serious application outside an exhibition stand / disco. They look cute, but they aren't really much good at actually lighting anything.

I'm glad they are proving to be good units for you. If you want to compare on cost I have seen very good chinese versions of the Robe product that you can buy for half the price, yes they are reliable - I've had 3 in a car showroom for 18 months doing customs and the only thing that gets fixed in them is lamps - before they blow - and the heads are on 24/7

they beat the pants off others in the league, Coemar, Future light, pearl river ect.

Both the Futurelight and cheeper Coemar ranges are made by Robe.

Both the Futurelight and cheeper Coemar ranges are made by Robe.

Used to be, yes all there products were made by ROBE under the coemar and futurelight brand.

BUT ROBE decided to branch off and manufacture under there own name.

I believe they are now part of the Coetec group, along with Griven, and Studio Due.

I have seen the copys of ROBE products by the chinese, and they are very much identical. BUT some of the components are off a cheaper nature.

How do you mean your band are supported by Robe? Sponsored? or that you only use their kit?

well actually I dont rightly know, we do use all ROBE gear, and we do get a good discount from ROBE, they have also agreed to putting there Logo on our publicity.

we also have some banners, swag ect on the way from the MD at ROBE uk (Ian) and we have had meetings with them.

I dont think its sponcership, because he said they only sponcer The darkness, and Deep Purple.

but we are in association with ROBE uk.

we also buy our gear direct from ROBE

I believe we should be appearing on there website soon

My band is called 'HERO' they are europes number 1 tribute to Enrique Iglesias.

vince

I've certainly never heard any complaints about Robe, and I've been offerred opinions from many a peep, both on this board and in general conversation.

I'm trying to get hold of some demo units at the moment (or similar) so I'm looking forward to using them because they look right up my street...

Stu

they have also agreed to putting there Logo on our publicity.

but why does that help you in any way? just advertises robe more.

I was thinking that myself - Robe UK are probably more than happy to get a bit of free advertising ....

becasue, yes it helps them, but also helps us, people can see we are a suported act, so therefore the act should be decent (if not the lights will be :( )

also if they were giving you such good deals, then you would do anything they ask, even if it does meen putting logos on everything.

we also get benifits from sales that have come from people who have been refered to them by us.

Archived