robe 250 wash fault

lee weathers

have two of these with the same fault..

basically the lamp wont stirke and the reason for this is the unit belives it is overheating all the time!!

the led panel flashes heat, all the fans work and the lamp wont strike full stop so it dosent get chance to overheat

any ideas

cheers

weathers

Having not serviced these before, it might be worth a check that all of the fans are spinning up and all of the connections to and from the fans are mated properly. Life on the road can be tough and I have found a few lights where connectors have worked loose or solder joint have gone bad.

Give the fans a clean too, you tend to find a lot of crap builds up which makes the fans horrendously inefficient.

Sounds a little like a dodgy heat sensor.

I assume the head has a heat sensor that is, I haven't serviced these either.

But with the screen indicating heat I assume it has some form of temperature sensing. Checking the manual is always good start, It will explain the problems related to error messages.

Sorry would find you a link but im in techs at the min.

Matt

Its most certainly a thermal fault, usaly caused by a small diode mounted in the lamp bay, or a diode which I believe is soldered to the underside of the main PCB.

Have you lost manual striking functions?

I have some of the same heads and ive had this fault, which resulted in two complete new main PCB's and main PIC chip.

Have you checked that both lamps are ok?

A quick call to Martyn or Nathan from Robe UK will clear things up, they are very helpfull

regards

vince

Hi

I had a problem with a robe 250at wash.

It was showing 'heat' L On. But no lamp was on.

I checked out the lamp and that had blown. Check the lamp if you have not done so already.

Dave

We have had this problem with the Robe 575XT. Basically, you need to manually reset the lamp hour timers on them, other wise the light thinks that the lamp life is up and won't strike the lamps.

HTH

AndyJones

Basically, you need to manually reset the lamp hour timers on them, other wise the light thinks that the lamp life is up and won't strike the lamps.

Thats not true, never had this problem, for some reason my heads have never allowed me to reset the lamp hours and they still strike everytime without hassle.

Check the lamps are ok, and if so contact Robe UK, 01604 741000.

vince

Just to add to this.

It may be a very simple thing but I had 3 Robe 250XT spots in a rig this week. One kept on flashing heat and would not let me strike the lamp.

All I had to do was to go into the fan's part of the menu and then set them to auto because they were set on low from the last job.

It could be the venue you are running them in or their position.

Are the fans blocked in anyway?

Sam

If noise is not an issue then the fans should always be set to FULL, its very uncommon for the washes to overheat as they are only a colour module and air circulation is better than a profile.

There was an issue with early spot 250's and MSZooms, but this was soon rectified, I have used most of the product range and personaly own quite a few fixtures and iver never had a fixture overheat.

vince

• 2 weeks later...

I use a rig consisiting of 12 Robe 250at washes and 12 250at Spots. They Flash 'L On' then 'Heat' repeated. if:

a) the Lamps Died

b) They have only just lamped off (E.G. Desk Crashing (Bloody dodgy GMA light!!) or power off then on again)

• 4 weeks later...
I had a similar problem with Futurelight MH660's which are a very similar lamp. The problem was the photodiodes degrading over time due to UV/heat exposure. This caused the units to think they were 'overheating' at a much lower temperature or sometimes even at start up. If the Robe has the same photodiodes and they have become yellow in colour then this could be the problem. They need replacing regularly (about once a year).

Hi this problem is that the lamp has not struck, this is due to lamp cable o/c where it gets flexed by the head if you test each one end to end you will find a brake. If not its the ignighter.

Phill Stateside Moving light

Archived