Sound FX?

Sorna

Hello,

I'm doing the sound for a show which is a rehearsed reading. I went through the script and found a few FXs.

Do I have to bother with FX for this kind of performances? any idea would help before me contacting the director and asking!

Thanks,

Sorna

Well I would asume youve been commisioned to do this? so in your own interest and rep you should provide what is asked? Have you a problem with the FX in some way that would make you want to cut it out? is it a technical problem you have or just looking for shortcuts?

Well I would asume youve been commisioned to do this? so in your own interest and rep you should provide what is asked? Have you a problem with the FX in some way that would make you want to cut it out? is it a technical problem you have or just looking for shortcuts?

I was not told anything about the FX yet. So, better off asking the director in this case ! Cause I don't really know how extensive the show is gonna be.

Sorna

If I'm doing sound for a play, I usually provide a very raw set of effects, without any editing, just to give an idea of what it would be like to the cast. This also means that the director can tell you what he/she would like done to the effects to make them work for the performances. This could just be me (wanting to do more work!), but does anyone else do this too?

They provided me with all the FX and the sound tracks they wanted to have for the show. But I regretted that I didn't make them myself!!!! it was the most unprofessional stuff I ever heard in my life!

It did the job for a reading though.

Sorna

Archived