Zero 88 Light Converse

tom_the_LD

Hello, hope all are well.

Just downloaded and installed light converse. When I start it up I select the visualisation only mode and it goes through the process of loading everything then I get a message saying 'Sorry not enough video memory' and none of the fixtures are loaded. I am just left with truss, a drum kit and a 'talent'.

I have had light converse on my system before and I didnt not have this problem. Anyone got any ideas? Is this a new version of light converse which requires more video memory.

I have a 1.3 ghz processor with 512MB RAM and an integrated 64MB intel media accelerator in the way of graphics. These are the same spec I had when I had it before. Computer is a Dell Inspiron 510m

Just downloaded and installed light converse. When I start it up I select the visualisation only mode and it goes through the process of loading everything then I get a message saying 'Sorry not enough video memory' and none of the fixtures are loaded. I am just left with truss, a drum kit and a 'talent'.

I know that there are queries with some video cards. I do understand your comment that you have had it on your pc before, perhaps it may be because they have made many updates. There are also additonal video driver patches on their website. If you have already tried that contact Peter (admin here) he will be able to help better than I

1. Set windows desktop colour depth to 16 bit.

2. After loading in 3D right click on the compass, open "Quality" menu, and select "Shadow quality"=Low, "FSAA.4x"=Off. Exit LightConverse and start it again.

PS. Integrated "Intel GMA" videocard is not a good idea to use in LightConverse. There is no video memory on it. It scratching memory from a system.

There is a new default venue database "Zero 88 Demo 2" in LightConverse for Zero 88 distributive. Because a lot of fixtures added, it may fail to open with integrated graphic boards. Try to change database to the old one.

Try to change database to the old one.

How does one go about doing this?

EDIT: Just found out! ALso have just spoken to keith whom has e-mailed some other guys at Zero88 as it might be that my comp does not meet the minimum spec - he is going to get back to me.

Tom, thanks for your query - you're best off talking to DeeMAGE (Dmitriy) as he works for Lightconverse themselves and his suggestions above are exactly what I would have suggested.

You could try clicking "Create" (next to the visualisation window) which will give you a blank database to work with.

Have tried clicking create but I get the message 'USB/LPT Key Not Present'

Also, when the software starts and it gives the system specs, I get the message 'Error ~SiUSBXp~ driver!' next to DMX interface 1. I swear this never used to happen either!

You need a dongle to create, save or modify something.

Please ask Zero 88 for a Net-In dongle.

Don't worry about SiUSBXp driver error, windows will install it only when "Replay" (our new DMX interface) is connected to USB.

Archived