fade problems

bugsymol

I have 12 color changing inteligent lamps. What is the tecnical term I should look for in lighting desk specs If I want to program fades on selected DMX channels. As you know if I use a fade on all the channels of a fixture it scrolls through the various colours to get to 0 and looks naf.

bit like my spelling

Now I'm curious: are you looking to buy, or seeing if what you have will work?

And to naf spelling, there's a spell-checker built in to the boards.

-w

I'm looking to buy I know what I have is no good. I have a blondie tribute band (www.parallelblondie.com) We do 2x 45min spots. I want a desk that will give me 40 DMX ch control 12 fixtures (can be grouped down to 8) run in sequence 30 songs with a few changes in each song. There are 100's of desks that will fade between sceens or chases but thats no good. I dont want to spend over £400 as I'm not planning to light pink floyd. Last takes precedence? how does that work?

... I dont want to spend over £400 as I'm not planning to light pink floyd. Last takes precedence? how does that work?

I'm not at all sure you will get a decent LTP desk for that sort of money! A Pulsasr 18Ch. 2 preset will probably set you back £350?

If you are running everything in sequence, then it is possible (But very very awkward, and consider doubling or tripling your programming time) is to program everything very carefully, ensuring that only the intensity channel is altered "Live", and any colour channels are only changed when the fixture is dark.

It's a pain, but it can be done.

PS.

Imagine you do the following:

1. Pull up a sub-master on which channel 10 is set to 5.

2. Now, call a cue from memory, where channel 10 is at 7

3. Set the fader for channel 10 at 3

4. Set your grand master is set to 10

The output from channel 10 will be at 7 - ie Highest takes Precedence (HTP) As in step 2

If channel 10 is set to LTP, the channel output will be at 3 (ie the last action carried out) As in step 3 - It is worth noting that LTP channels are usually independent of any grand master.

HTH

Jim

I have 12 color changing inteligent lamps. ..... As you know if I use a fade on all the channels of a fixture it scrolls through the various colours to get to 0 and looks naf.

Nobody has said this yet, but what are they. To get to off it scrolls through the colours, suggesting it doesn't actually do fades, but has colour wheel(s with a blank section - so if it can't actually fade, then all the clever programming won't do it - so, what have you got?

Nobody has said this yet, but what are they. To get to off it scrolls through the colours, suggesting it doesn't actually do fades, ....

My interpretation of the OP is that the channels conrolling the ML's attributes are being faded out at the end of a cue with all the other channels, as opposed to being left up - The solution could just be to only fade out the intensity channel for the cues, if your desk isn't set up to handle attributes.

roryfm

I'm thinking it could be that he has some colour changers based on a simple moving mirror, without the mirror. So it would be gobo, and colour wheel, with blackout probably on position 1 on one of the two channels? I didn't think he mentioned movers?

Archived