Outdoor Gig

Sgt_Detrius

Hi,

Apologies now, I know this subject has probably been covered a million times before, but having searched through the forum and internet in general I can't find anything specific to what I'm looking for...

I'm overseeing the sound for a small one day outdoor festival in my town in July - about an 800 capacity in a fairly small space - don't know the exact dimensions but I gather there won't be much breathing room per person in the middle of the crowd. It's in a park in the centre of town, and the stage is based around a bandstand. The gig's being organised by the band I run sound for (have done for around 6 months) and it's a charity thing for Macmillan - lots of local companies involved, donating gear. The sound company for the event has worked out a PA system that will do the job and is providing said system and a generator on the day...dropping it off at 8am and picking it up 12 hours later, but not staying to set up or anything, so the job has fallen to me to organise. Now while im pretty good at setting up and mixing bands, I've never done anything outdoors.

So...how do I know whether the PA provided is big enough/too big (there's been some doubt about this, and I want to be fairly sure beforehand what size would be needed for such an event) and whether it's the right kit. I'm going to a meeting wednesday morning to find out exactly what I'm getting, and I can set it up, point speakers and do all the FOH stuff no problems...just want to know what PA would be needed for this!

Cheers,

James

Ignore previous post...all sorted. I get to play with a 12k nexo alpha for the day. Shiny!

Moderation: The OP answered his own post - how odd! Case closed

Archived